Wednesday, May 17, 2006

This is how I am

It feels great to be back home after 5 months .But the last semester was so action packed(with karate,physics society work n my coursework ofcourse) for me that I hardly realised where time flew off.When I look back now at the resolution made at the onset of the session,I find that I’ve stuck to it(almost except that tiff with Reddy during the viva when to his dismay I refused to answer his questions ).But its excusable considering that my whole gang came out against him.I was really amazed at the coincidence of the events .But we girls individually have more guts than my male chauvinist classmates .My gang happens to be my support system in iit without whom I would’ve perished long back . Three cheers to us, hurray !

Now coming back to the original thought which was my new year cum sem resolution. It was basically to control my temper and to check my loquacious nature.It was tough nevertheless not impossible.But the most difficult part was to be diplomatic when voicing my opinions.I kept on cribbing about this to Lavanya. I felt dishonest because I was not expressing my true feelings.I had too many disagreements last sem which left me thoroughly heartbroken and hence the resolution. Practically there are two ways of approach in an argument. One where you speak straight from the heart and hurt the other person . Second diplomatically take the middle path and suffer yourself. I’ve always been staunch supporter of the former but chose the latter this time around .It hurts like hell but atleast had the satisfaction that I don’t have to apologize later for something that I am remotely not ashamed of. I think this one is more suitable for our society. This is definitely not MY STYLE but something I am trying to adapt myself to.It worked wonders but something still irks me. Why do I have to follow the rules of the society and explain each n every action of mine.As my dad asks me so many times why am I like this and I always answer ‘I DON’T KNOW BUT THIS IS HOW I AM’.

5 comments:

SM said...

Is this Debosree? Thank you for the comment you left on my blog.. I guess I am pretty gud at giving overdose of sentimental, mushy stuff... But I like ur self-introspection... very pragmatic!

Himadri said...

[Olivia?] Oh, why ? that's the best answer to give when anything else will call a much avoidable discourse on everything else ! Whenever I'm faced with such a situation, I simply reply " Ami jaani naa" .Pat. Let everyone construe it as they want, but I aint gonna keep dishing out the whys and whats and whens evrytime and for every other reason.

btw, why Olivia? (just getting curious, nothing much)

olivia said...

@SM
thanks for reading my blog.well i thought why not be pragmatic once in a while n see if it works.believe me it did save me from some unwanted n otherwise unavoidable clashes.

olivia said...

@ himadri
Well i guess differnt ppl have diff reactions to d same situation.I was just trying smthn diff frm my usual stuff.But generally i don't bother about clarifying my actions:).
As for why Olivia,d answer is:
1)Since my debut blog was concerned with my attempt to exchange olives,d name seemed apt.
2)It was also subject to the availability of blog names:)

Himadri said...

hmmmmm ..... :]